Find Your Audience
Congratulations! You have discovered a terrific product, created an amazing service, wrote your best work ever and you are ready to start sharing (and monetizing) on it. So you have decided to open a store, rent an office, or print the book and then you wait… and wait … and wait …
You wait for the flood of interested parties to come bursting through your door or connect with you via your website. But what do you do when the initial flood dies down, or worse yet never really gets started? The problem is likely not what your offering, but rather who you are trying to attract. Unless you have an “everyone” marketing budget, you, my friend, need to get your sights set on a target market.
You may have many possible markets for your product, but you need to answer a few key questions:
- What unique pain point does your product/service/offering address or solve?
- Who might be the most receptive to your offer?
- Which market, or markets, will be the most lucrative or successful?
Working together we will develop:
- A full profile of your current customer – Knowing who is currently interested in you and your message or product is going to give you insights into what is working in your messaging, and what is not.
- The full profile of your ideal customer – we will consider factors such as gender, and what events your ideal customer might attend, and what publications are they reading? This will inform decisions you make around which marketing tactics and platforms you choose to attract and retain your ideal customer.
- Identify and dissect your competition – Who else speaking to your target audience? What is the message they are sending? And more importantly, is your target listening and acting on your competitor’s messaging?
If you think you may be trying to reach “everyone”, and wonder if there is a better way, CONTACT ME today, and let’s talk about it. Once you are clear on WHY you are in business, and WHO you are trying to reach, it is going to make the HOW much easier!