Learning is FOREVER
I am a life-long learner, and I absolutely love working with others who share this desire to keep growing, changing and evolving through the accumulation of new knowledge. And there has never been a time in all of history when it has been so easy to get access to so many brilliant thought-leaders. They have websites, they write books, they create e-books you can read on your smart phone!
Video makes it so that we can download speaches and workshops delivered by some of the most influential business leaders today, which is helping them to inform and educate people around the globe. But in spite of this level of access that technology provides, I don’t think that anything can replace the live experience.
The impact of LIVE
There is something about a live event that is incredibly powerful and impactful; something that I don’t believe can be reproduced in a webinar or teleseminar environment. The ENERGY and ENTHUSIASM that surrounds you when you are in a crowd of like-minded individuals is, to me, nothing short of electric and is impossible to recreate in any other format.
I attended a live conference not too long ago, The Art of Sales, and it was an incredible day filled with insights, information, and no shortage of humour. The speakers represented the best-of-the-best in the industry, each offer a unique and useful spin on the critical skills and knowledge that all sales professionals (and we are ALL sales professionals in one capacity or another) need to consider if they hope to not just survive, but thrive in today’s marketplace.
Top 5 Take-Aways from The Art of Sales (ooops…make it 6)
- You never lose a sale on price ~ Jeffrey Gitomer, 10.5 Commandments of Sales Success
- Bad attitudes ruin businesses by destroying harmony ~ Joe Navarro, What Every Body is Saying
- Success leaves clues ~ Richard Robbins, Deliver the Unexpected
- If we have common ground we can build a relationship ~ Michael Vickers, Becoming Preferred
- If you only treat “important” people well, you are the opposite of awesome ~ Scott Stratten, The Book of Business Awesome
- Get the edge by increasing the odds of getting to ‘yes’ by the way you frame the information ~ Dr. Robert Cialdini, Influence
It’s Worth It
I can hear you saying it… ‘But Andrea, live events are expensive’.
You are right.
Live events are more expensive than buying the book, or downloading the podcast or video.
But I can guarantee you that the experience is worth every penny. What you will learn, the insights shared by the speakers that don’t make it into the book/video/webinar, will pay huge dividends if you treat it like an investment in your own education and self-improvement.
So the next time an industry event comes along, go for it. Go hang with your peers, learn from your thought leaders, and invest in your education.
Go on… you’re worth it.